Sunday, July 30, 2006
I was privileged to be invited to blog some of the events at the 2006 World Series of Poker for PokerPages.com.
Here are the links to the events that I covered:
Event #5 - $2,500 No-Limit Hold'em Short-handed
Event #5 - Final table
Greetings! Frank Niro here. I'm pleased to be part of the PokerPages 2006 WSOP reporting team. The cards went in the air a few minutes after 12 noon despite the absence of many of the combatants. Normally, this wouldn't be a big factor. But in a short-handed event, with only six players at each table, the blinds come around much more quickly. The early action seems to be a battle for the unguarded blinds....
Go to PokerPages.com to read more (links above).
Here's a related article on Dutch Boyd's win of Event #5
Event #26 - $1,500 Pot Limit Omaha
Congratulations to Spiros Mitrokostas for his first WSOP final table. Does anyone wish to accept a friendly wager that it will not be his last?
(Frank Niro, a/k/a ChessSafari, reporting for the PokerPages.com 2006 WSOP coverage team)
Go to PokerPages.com to read more (link above).
Event #29 - $2,500 Pot-Limit Hold'em
Looking around the room, there seems to be an abundance of former bracelet winners as well as a few world champions in the field. We will collect some names for you as play moves along...
1. Last year's main event winner Joseph Hachem, reigning World Champion
2. 2004 World Champion, Greg "Fossilman" Raymer
3. 2000 World Champion Chris "Jesus" Ferguson - 5 bracelets
4. T.J. Cloutier - 6 bracelets
5. Daniel Negreanu - 3 bracelets
6. Humberto Brenes - 2 bracelets
7. Steve Zolotow - 2 bracelets
8. John Juanda - 3 bracelets
9. Erik Seidel - 7 bracelets - finished second to Johnny Chan in 1988 Main Event
more... (click link above)